I find it hard to report on our adventure when it is in flux.
We are in Coeur d'Alene to address some work issues. The duration of our visit is undetermined and I think part of me was feeling anxious and waiting until we had definite plans before I wrote about it.
Plans are only that and when you flow with life those plans change. Often.
This can be disappointing; we won't be able to visit the East Coast on this trip and Alaska has turned into a maybe. But the things that surface as alternatives are better because they fit correctly and ultimately will be what the memories are made of.
Robb flew down to Santa Barbara and picked up the motorhome last week and it is wonderful to have it back. We've each been missing some 'stuff' and are happy to have it back.
The current plan is to take some smaller local trips while we finish up the work that needs to be done and then head to South Bend for some family time. Yellowstone, Glacier, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse..., the route is not lacking.
I won't venture with further plans... have I learned a lesson here?! Probably not.
The other side of the coin has been anything but disappointing.
Being back in Coeur d'Alene and getting to see our family and friends who we have been missing has been soul warming! We have had so much fun catching up and enjoying the generous hospitality we are beyond grateful.
We just can't wait until we have a place of our own to reciprocate!

Well, we are right with you with plans in flux! It is nice to be home, but I understand the disappointment. We are hoping to still be leaving again in May...but who knows!
ReplyDelete