Gypsy Souls

"Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Delayed

I'm referring to the departure date, not myself.

The house is in escrow; one week inspection period and then one more week to close (very quick escrow!)

We're in a daze.

This will delay our departure by a couple of weeks but it will also be much more freeing once we do get on the road.

Alaska may have to wait until next summer but we haven't made any final decisions yet.

There is still so much to do on the rv but we think it will be ready to travel ~ we can do some of the pending projects on the road.

I'm a little anxious about ACTUALLY selling the house. I don't know if it is just my exhaustion, all the good times we've had in this house, the fact that we have some really great new neighbors and friends or the daunting task of moving. I'm sure it is a combination.

3 comments:

  1. Let it go...all of your anxiety. Even when we had an offer of cash, the exact amount we asked, and the opportunity to rent back from the buyer of our last home....I still felt anxious about selling it (and we HATED our neighborhood and the home had its share of issues). It is natural to get cold feet and to have fears...but let them go. Relax and let that anxiety turn into excitement. I can't wait until we are where you guys are...I am just about ready to put our home up for sale and who knows how long it will take to actually sell. ;)

    Pura Vida!
    Danni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Danni! :) You have made these plans, thought everything out carefully and doing what you PLANNED! And you SOLD the house! Great job! Now sit back, let the house give someone else great memories and you go get some new ones yourself! You are about to embark on a wonderful journey and I must live through you....so hurry up! LOL
    Love you! Enjoy the moment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Danni and Beth!

    All things happen for a reason and flowing with the river is so much easier than trying to go against it.
    We really have calmed down and are starting to have fun again; the whole point of it all!!

    ReplyDelete