You can rhyme as you please.
We were making our way south, enjoying The Swiss Family Robinson on audiobook, when Robb asks, rather calmly in retrospect, "Why can I see the truck?"
Our tow vehicle doesn't normally try to pass us.
It could have been a much more harrowing tale, he pulled over slowly enough so that the front of the truck is only slightly dented, the safety cords held and apart from inconvenience we are no worse for the wear.
Jamie wants to be the one to post pictures so look for those.
We are going to be exploring Wichita (Robb's dad's place of birth) while we "re-connect." It looks like we might be in luck with blue ox (the hitch) even though we are a bit (read three times) outside of the warranty period. But really, I don't think they are EVER supposed to just snap like this.
Gillian Welch's YouTube version of "Wichita" has had to sustain us since I doubt Lex is willing to fly in and play it for us live.
Once again no pictures, Robb's need to research the hitch trumped my plea for the computer.
I'll leave you with my early morning groggy conversation with Jillian.
J, "When are we going home?"
I replied in song, as is my customary response to her oft asked query, "Home is wherever I'm with you."
To which she replied by finishing the song verse, "it's true."
Not satisfied she tried a different tact, "Where are we going today?"
"Wichita."
She thinks for a minute, "They have food?"
"Yes."
This, apparently, wholly satisfied her and she snuggled merrily in waiting for her siblings to stir.

Well! All I can say is that you are CERTAINLY living up to your quote..."Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson ..... whew....I am so glad Robb was at the helm....I just picture Jeff and I in that same situation! rofl
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are having true adventures! Make sure Jamie posts pics! Hug Robb for me!
He makes it look so easy and matter of course, late in the night he reveals all of the things that very easily could have transpired. Looks like we were pretty darn lucky.
ReplyDelete