Gypsy Souls

"Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Not All Showers are Created Equal

Robb says I'm being dramatic. I beg to differ.

We pulled in after a few days of dry camping. Our water tank is leaking so we are being extra vigilant to save water and I was desperately looking forward to a shower. What also should have ensured a magical shower experience; I was going alone. Normally the kids and I preform a sort of shower circus.

But, no, this time I was indulging.

So in my haste to sneak out unaccompanied I forgot my absorber (our oh-so-brilliant alternative to towels which save space, moisture and laundry.)

Not the end of the world, obviously the clothes I'm wearing are going into the laundry and will make fine drying utensils.

The campground bathroom looks a little dingy and neglected, sure, the corners haven't been swept; no big deal.

Now things start to go down hill. The lack of water pressure and the type of shower head combine in such a way that water drips down the wall which was covered in suspicious dark spots, but leaning against the suspect wall wasn't even an option as the control was sticking right out at chest level.

I pressed on.

Managing to contort myself so as to lean my head against the suspect wall I was able to siphon off a bit of the water. Trying to get the back of my head I rotated so my face was looking up at the ceiling granting a fabulous view of the Texas sized spiders and their plentiful webs overhead. Shivering now because it is impossible to stay in the water I reach for the shampoo which sends not one, not two, but three cockroaches scurrying.

I didn't stay to shave my legs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the joys of camping. Did you finally get a good shower?

    ReplyDelete