It turns out that they have been coming here for years and claim to have been telling us about it all along. Isn’t it amazing how hard it is to relate to something until you experience it for yourself?
Well now we know; it is amazing here. The colors of the hills surrounding us are a patchwork of greens set against the blues and grays of the skies; magnificent.
Robb and I took extreme bocci ball to a whole new level today. We played in the field behind our campsite which is riddled with holes from the ground squirrels. Amazingly we didn't lose a single ball. I blame my loss on my noble effort to preserve our bocci set.
I'll admit I was a little envious as I watched, for the second day in a row, a big group of our neighbors board a private bus destined for a day of local wine tasting. Someday....
We on the other hand attended the Jr. Ranger program and hung out in the nature center, after collecting bags of trash and recyclables. Jealous?
It ended up pouring rain all day yesterday, undeterred Robb fought the impending cabin fever by going out to build a fire. It looked a little sad. Even the neighbor felt bad and brought out a couple fire starters for him.
He finally got it going, after the novelty of playing in the pouring rain had waned and the kids had changed into warm jammies and we settled into a game of Bananagrams. I dutifully suited back up and brought a glass of wine out to enjoy the fruits, or flames, of his labor. But when I noticed my glass was more full than when I started, (did I mention it was raining REALLY hard?)
No worries, we snuggled in to watch Harry Potter, Year Three; we are in the middle of a marathon, taking advantage of having full hook-ups.
We woke up to sunshine and playmates abound! Our trip into Solvang can wait until tomorrow, a campground full of kids and sunshine is hard to beat!

No comments:
Post a Comment