I'm trying to balance keeping a log and enjoying every second.
We spent a couple days at the Hope Town Marina and enjoyed all the perks and amenities it offered though didn't even get a chance to take out their kayaks or paddle boards; one more reason to return.
We rented bikes and a golf card and explored Elbow Cay and were once again amazed at all the hidden properties and endless beaches and places to play. We walked way out on a sandbar and collected shells and enjoyed some beautiful weather.
Found yet another amazing restaurant and ate grouper until we were stuffed.
We find it fascinating to observe the communities that have formed on the different cays. We were drinking lattes at the Coffee house in Hope Town while we took turns exploring the north end on bikes and were seated next to a big group of expats who kept breaking out into song as they spent a lovely morning catching up with each other.
Last night we anchored off and were greeted by the biggest pod of dolphins thus far. They ushered in one of our most magical nights as we watched a spectacular sunset and gobbled up conch salad, spicy island jelly over cream cheese on crackers and broccoli.
The gigantic fish that made his appearance late in the evening was yet another new and fascinating experience.
Robb, the kids, and I are definitely smitten with this life.
I am definitely seeing this in our future.
Our food stores are dwindling and it reminds us that our time here is quickly running out. Not one of us is ready for that to happen. Well, regarding the food, we are all ready for that to be used up. We brought a few too many black beans and enough quinoa to hurt someone. Live and learn.
We motored down off of Snake Cay to look for snorkeling, no luck, but Bobby and Jillian are having a blast zooming around on the dinghy as we lounge around in the sunshine.
Every time I log off and walk away I think of a funny line I forgot to record, or a cool experience I've omitted but just getting a general record will have to suffice.

No comments:
Post a Comment