Gypsy Souls

"Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, January 22, 2016

Green Turtle Cay

Golf carts allowed some outer island exploring. This is Grandma and Grandpa on Green Turtle Cay.

It is fascinating how the islands differ in treasures.
One will have sea fans galore and the next will offer sand dollars like stones.
Our favorite finds have been sea biscuits, sea urchins, conch, and tiny swirly shells.
In the shallows the sea cucumbers, crabs, giant sea stars, sea urchins, and rays have been the biggest hit.

Yesterday we had a few hours to kill, reason - well I'll let you ask Robb about that - anyway we took the dinghy to the beach in Manjack Cay and beach combed for a while. As we were getting ready to head back a ray made an appearance. We didn't have any food but he just wanted to be friends. He followed Jamie back and forth in the surf as she walked along the shore.
It was hilarious, I think she could have done it all day. 

Our delay was cleared up and we made our way to Treasure Cay around Whale Cay which is the only open ocean we to through. I love the rolling big waves and would be fascinated to experience more.

Pulled into Treasure Cay and were greeted by a dolphin and her calf. I don't know if it is the same pair that we have been seeing but if it is I think they're stalking us.
What a thrill.
A sea turtle joined the welcome wagon as well and we felt superbly greeted.

We had decided to go into the marina bar for pizza night which we had missed during our earlier stay at Treasure Cay, we went in to the Tipsy Seagull and were shocked to find our former water stocking bar where we were always the only patrons packed to the hilt!
We grabbed a table and sent one contingent to order some pizzas and another to grab beers and we settled in for a show and a half.
I spotted Anna Banana and chatted with her, yes Beth Ann, I told her that you missed her already and she cracked up. Anna Banana is a local waitress who we had met 11 years ago when the family was here and my sister was thrilled to hear there was a Bahamian counterpart to her own moniker BethAnnie-Bannanie. She had taken a picture with Anna and actually brought it with her this trip.
Before they arrived we had gone to Spinakers for dinner and who should be our waitress but Anna Banana!?! We introduced ourselves and arranged to bring my sister in the next night and have a surprise reunion. It was classic. Beth cried. An updated picture was secured and we enjoyed a fun evening.

Back to last night the same older gentleman was there crooning songs from the 50's and 60's and we danced ourselves into the night. Jillian was complimented by a salty grey haired, barefooted fellow dancer as the best dancer he had ever seen and her night was complete.

The people watching could not be topped and we enjoyed every minute and then enjoyed, even more, the recap cocktails back on the Cheryl Ann. We went to bed repeating our new jokes and giggling.

Woke up to a rain storm today which I'm secretly happy about because the salt spray on the windows was begging some attention that I was not excited to give, thanks for the reprieve mother nature!
But as the coffee smell drew us out of bed we were surprised with warm cinnamon rolls fresh from the bakery that Grandpa and Bobby had snuck away to procure while we were still finishing up our dreams.

I can't wait to see what today will bring!




No comments:

Post a Comment