Spent a lovely day exploring the island.
We rented two beefy golf carts and went all through New Providence Historic District and then out on some dirt roads to the north tip of the island.
The landscape is just breathtaking, it is so wild and lush and diverse it takes a while to notice all the details. Then you have some incredibly well maintained estates who have devoted what must be a substantial chunk of time to cultivating it to their whims and desires.
Life on the islands is so unique and it is incredibly evident by observing the buildings. Vacation homes, primary residences, restaurants, shops, all build and painted in bright
Ahhhh dolphin sighting, I had to run outside to see if they might stick around for a bit bu the was just passing by this morning.
Anyway, I was saying that the buildings are so lovely and bright and beautiful but if they are not constantly maintained the salt air and humid conditions are merciless.
It is fun to be going further north as these islands are less driven by tourism and offer a different perspective. Man-O-War was unique in that sense as well, they are a ship building island and a large number of the inhabitants are employed in the yards or in sail shop. Our waiter at the Dock and Dine was interesting in that he had moved to Man-O-War because he could make such a good living and help to put his wife through dental school in Florida, we had a lovely time getting to know him and listening to his story.
My quiet time is over once again, though I am happy to have the opportunity to at least get these non-sequential posts written I know the necessary editing is not occurring, not that I would miss any bit of this adventure for my writing preferences.

No comments:
Post a Comment